Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happiness is a good book and a comfy place to read it.

And I do everything I can to make myself happy. Last week was the week from HELL! Expensive plumbing problem (fixed), child in a car accident (he's fine. the car still has a bit to go.), work pressures from idiot people who go into business with out a clue and then expect you to pull a miracle out of thin air... (it's gonna cost you dude. get real). So at the end of the week your girl here was exhausted, shot out and in major need of some R & R. Looking around my office/dressing space, I realized I have no where to sit in there that's comfy, a nook, a cranny, a reading space. Enter Pier 1.

I love Pier 1. It smells good, has pretty things and I drool every time I go in there. I wanty, I likey but it's ridiculously over priced. However, this time around, I went in on a mission. (Cue music) I entered and zoomed right for the papsans. I used to have one until it was taken over by large brat child who took it with him to new home. Hey, he broke it in to fit his ass and it wouldn't have been comfortable for me. So I let him take it. Anywho, there they were, pretty new papasans with gorgeous bright fabrics and comfy pillows galore. I fell into shiny object mode right away. And they were on sale. Who says comfort has to cost a pretty penny?

Needless to say I bought one with matching stool and 2 pillows. I came home rearranged my room a bit so it fits right under the front windows for the diffused light. Set it up, took a shower, got a snack, drink and current book and settled in. Whereupon, I promptly fell asleep. It was a good nap too. Short, but good. As soon as the brat gets himself back home, I can settle more into my space. And I for one, can't wait. The siren call of a comfortable reading spot with a good book=bliss.

No comments: