Thursday, August 14, 2008

Reading, reading and yet more reading

It's been awhile since I posted a blog about books. So here goes.

I have currently finished all 5 of the books by Shirley Dammsgaard in her Ophelia & Abby Mystery series. The first book started off a bit slow, but the series did pick up by the second book and the author seemed to become comfortable with her characters. Well done to her.

I am currently reading Gale Force by Rachel Caine. Gale Force is the 7th book in the Weather Warden series and the series as a whole is written quite well and highly entertaining. I have waiting in the wings Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Myer. I am neither on team Edward or Team Jacob as I don't care who Bella ends up with. Bella at times annoys the hell out of me and I wish one of them would just shake her til her eyes roll back in her head. But the plot is interesting, so there you go. It's why I keep reading them. Kelley Armstrong's a favorite writer of mine, so I could not pass up her new YA The Summoning. Very glad I didn't. Her younger characters are as realistic as her adult characters. Well, as much as one can be with super powers.

I am also trying to still kick start my classics reading to no avail. Perhaps the weather has something to do with that. I will get at least one read before the end of the year. Perhaps I'll make it one of my new year resolutions.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just bought The Summoning & Breaking Dawn, I can't wait to read them but I have others I need to finsh first. To many books to little time need I say more.