Monday, December 15, 2008

The 2008 closure post

I stated my blog beginning of this year and oh my, how time has flown. What started out to be a blog strictly about books and my thoughts on them, has become a venue for my thoughts on books as well as how I perceive some of the things that have gone in the world. Along the way, I have mourned a loss, lost 2 televisions and vented about July 4th.

Additionally I have lost 2 jobs due to downsizing and now face 2009 with apprehension and yes, hope. What will this new year bring about? We are about to see changes take place in the American government that are unprecedented. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing what our new president will bring about and what legacy he will leave. I am also looking forward to the changes that will happen in my life. For good or bad, they will make me appreciate what I have now, the lessons I will learn along the way and hopefully make me a stronger person. Strength through adversity.

I hope your holidays are filled with joy and blessings. Make memories, be thankful for what you have and ring in the New Year with gusto!

No comments: