Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How do you do that and other musings

I get asked all the time on one of my book forums"How do you read so many books at one time?" The answer is different genres. Some writers stories are "faster" than others, so they are easy to zip through, yet keep me entertained. Only once have I read 2 books where the story lines took place during the same time period in the same country and the female characters had the same name. Yes, it did get a bit confusing when I picked up one book and thought to myself "Wasn't she doing this",only to realize my mistake and finish one of them off with a quickness. Another question I get asked "in real life" by people is how do you remember what all the books are about? Easy. I've always had that knack. It's especially easy if I really like the author and their work. It has obviously made an impression and comes in handy when it's a series story line. Sometimes the follow up books don't seem to come fast enough.

Right now, because I am looking for employment adding to my books I've read list is quite easy. You can only surf for jobs for so long. And that in itself is a job- never let anyone tell you differently. My typical day starts at 5:30 a.m. with coffee, cats and laptop on the patio. I surf the employment sites,which lately, unfortunately, doesn't take long. I look at my forums and sites I belong to, do postings as I see fit, and then go back to the employment sites for one last look just to make sure there's nothing new or I didn't miss something. Since that takes a couple hours out of my day, I then move onto chores to be done and then I can read for really long chunks of time.

My kids are grown and out on their own, so the only dependents I now have are my furry kids, and they're pretty self sufficient as long as I keep their feeding schedule. Gods help me if I should be 5 minutes late. Then there is much crankiness and bitching from ChinaMoon kitty.

No comments: