Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Men

So you thought my blog was completely about books. Nope. This particular post is about men. One in particular, but I'm going to generalize anyway. There is no way just my man can be this hard headed.

Let's start off with that horrible, horrible book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. Pffft! Last time I checked, we were all from here. Don't give me b.s. reasons why men can't/won't/don't open up. I don't want to hear it. When we talk to them, they either ignore us, yes dear us to death or want to fix the problem. By the way, I loathe the word dear. It sets me off. That's a whole other rant. And most men don't buy into this either. My male friends laugh themselves silly when I bring up that book in conversation. Real men don't share their feelings. These are the same men who will say that is just not done by real men, and then slap each others asses at a pick up football game. Go figure...caveman mentality.

We see our man is upset. What's the matter, can I help, etc. And in return, we get- "I don't want to talk about it". Why not? "I'm effiing mad right now". Ok well talking about it might help to get it out, clear the air, get some composure perhaps.... maybe. "I don't want to talk about it". No, it's much easier to call up some unsuspecting person, vent your spleen on them, and then pout, grab your stuff and leave for 4-5 hours. Leaving me here to wonder- WTH? How difficult is to say "This made me mad or this person did this and it made me mad"? I always feel better when I rant about someone who's made me mad. I can say horrible things about them and then get on with my day.

Men- can live them, but only by their rules, can't live without them because who else can you get to look at your vehicle for free when it messes up.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

My other half - as you've had the dubious good luck to "meet" on IaBT - isn't like that. If he's pissed about something, he's more than vocal on what it is and why he's pissed LOL which suits me fine as I'm just as vocal, so we can be vocal together :D

Helena said...

I still have no idea what set him off.

Unknown said...

haha...it's so true!!
and about the book,I totally agree with you that once they saw the title,they will just turn away their head and said"pooo...it's weman's book"