Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A-Z. All about me.

A
If you were an ANIMAL, what would you be?
Some sort of feline, of course.

B
BOOKS: What’s on your reading list?
I have almost 350 books on my tbr. There's no way I'm listing this. Check the Shelfari widget to the right.

C
COMPULSIVE about anything?
Reading and book buying. I look at it as research for my future business.

D
DREAMS - Do you … dream in color? remember your dreams? keep a dream journal?
I do dream, sometimes in color, sometimes in B & W. Sometimes I remember and no, I don't keep a journal.

E
EATING - what’s your usual snack?
Plain popcorn. My favorite food.

F
A Few of your FAVORITE Things
Books, shoes, italian food, the Japanese culture, my cat China Moon

G
GIGGLES! What (or who) makes you laugh? Do you have a good sense of humor?
My husband and sons make me giggle. I believe I have a good sense of humor, albeit, a bit dark. As in, It's only funny til someone loses an eye...then it's downright hysterical. That type of humor. Or I found Jesus...he was hiding behind the sofa.

H
major HOT Button:
Someone lying to me.

I
I am ______________
me. While consistent in some things, in others I am not as consistent. Mercurial by nature would be the best definition.

K
Also KNOWN As… Aliases? Screen names? A non de plume perhaps?
Helen

L
I LOVE …
my hubby, my boys, my cats, my friends, books, good shoes.

M
How do you feel about MEETING people? Do it all the time? Rarely? Parties or 1-on-1?
While I tolerate it for business, personally I prefer it online. I would like to me some of my online friends eventually if possible, but if not, it's all good.

N
What’s the story of your NAME? were you named after anyone? Do you go by a nickname? Any aliases?
I was named after Helen Keller. My father thought her a phenomenal woman, and I quite agree. Helena is my nickname from way back.

O
OBSERVANT - What’s around you right now? What do you see?
Some yowling cat that does not belong to me, my cat ChinaMoon, candles, the trees, my pool, my lappy, the sun. I am on my patio.

P
Who are the special PEOPLE in your life?
Family & the few close friends I have.

Q
Any Little QUIRKs About Yourself:
Yes. Don't touch my stuff. Don't look at my books or magazines until I'm done with them. Will not use public facilities.

R
What do you like to do for RECREATION?
Read, play Guitar Hero, read, bake, read, watch the Science channel, read, oh yes, and read some more. And shop Amazon for yet more things to read. I have an addiction.

S
Do You SING in the Shower? In the car? For your friends?
Yes.

T
What’s at the Top of your TO DO list?:
Not to make To Do Lists.

U
Any UNUSUAL Experiences:
My life is an unusual experience. I just try and enjoy it.

V
VEGAS, Vienna, Venice, Vladivostok… How far have you traveled? What’s your favorite City?
New York, New York. I've been twice for less than 24 hours each time. I want to go back and spend some time at the museums and see a couple plays.

W
WINTER, Spring, Summer, Fall… What’s your favorite season? What makes it special?
Fall. Nature at her most beautiful. When the Earth is getting ready for sleep and renewal. Days get darker sooner.

X
EXes - Things You Don’t Do Anymore (but did, once (would you, again?))
I used to bite my nails. A gross and terrible habit. No, I don't believe I'll do that again.

Y
Any secret/deep YEARNINGS?
To move and to work for myself. Which is not a secret, but is definitely a deep yearing.

Z
ZERO to ZENITH - Where are you in your life? Still growing? On an upward (or downward) curve? Just skating along?
Still growing, but stuck at the moment just skating along.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I see you did it :D Now let's see what else I can nominate you for :p