Friday, February 29, 2008

Sexiness: What is it about really?

What makes someone sexy? Is it their appearance, who they are, what they do? Or can it be defined by money, the cars they drive? What makes a person sexy to another, and yet someone else would say "I don't think so."? Millions of people find stars sexy. Angelina Jolie comes to mind. Aside from her outer exterior, which as a female I can honestly say is pretty hot, what makes her so attractive? After all, she's just a woman except that her job keeps her in the limelight. What about the average Joanna Schmo down the street? Once you get past the outer packaging, what's the person about. I've met some phenomenally
good looking people, only to find out the inner them resembles a horrid little troll. Like biting into a beautiful piece of chocolate and finding a worm.

Sexiness is broken down in so many ways by so many people. For me it's not all about looks. It's about the inner person, their thoughts and views, how they treat others. Don't get me wrong, I like a pretty person but it's not the end all be all of who they are. Humor is important. I find humor sexy. Not everyone has the ability to make others laugh, and there's power in that. Intelligence is sexy. Stimulate my mind and and you will keep me listening. BTW- this is not a want ad for a date. I am happily married, he makes me laugh and is quite intelligent. He can cook too!!

Flirting can be sexy, but not sexual. I'll explain. I am a notorious flirt. I flirt with everyone and it has nothing to do with sex. Flirting makes people feel good, it makes them relaxed and easier to talk with. It's beyond "come hither & yon" looks and coy smiles. Flirting is an invitation to engage in conversation, to relax and allow some of your inner persona to shine . It's an art I try to perform daily. It can be a shared smile with a stranger about something you're both witnessing. Yes, men do this too whether they realize it or not. It's also a nice way to get your way without becoming a flat out bitch.

Sexiness is about knowing who you are, your place in your world and feeling good about it. It's not about makeup, clothes, or what you own. It's about acceptance of self, the good and the bad. We are not going to look like Angelina (bless her little heart), but we can shine like she does in our own way.


Be good to yourself.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How bizarre is that - I've just posted a list on my own blog about "men who I think are sexy but really shouldn't be" LOL none of them could really be classed as having gorgeous looks.. well except Steven Tyler, but then I'm biased where he's concerned. mmmmmmmmmm

Helena said...

I love him.