Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pushing buttons

I had an interesting situation today on a forum I help to admin. It's very new and already I see trouble abrewin'. It all started when one of the discussions became somewhat heated. It was a crazy topic of sorts, but one of the people kept asking for clarification from one of the posters. Rightfully so, in my opinion. She's very quick on the draw and very well read. So I trust her when she gets a bit doggish in trying to get an answer to her questions. Apparently one of the other posters felt it their civic duty to rush in and make like a hero. For what purpose, I'm still not sure. One can only hazard a guess. From there it got quite dicey for a bit. Not badly, just a small skirmish.

Being what I thought was a good admin, I try to diffuse the situation by explaining to the wanna be hero that the person wanting clarification is A: Not mean and B: not being a bitch. She's looking for answers. And he turned round and did exactly what I asked him not to do. Don't persist with this line of idiocy. But like most people, he felt it necessary to keep pushing at it.

So, I basically said free for all. And when you fall down and go boom, please do not come crying to me. I'm honestly not sure I'm up to the task of doing this. We'll see in a week or so how I'm feeling.

No comments: